Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homebody

Since my last post I have been to Belfast, London (ish) and Paris. Get me.

Belfast was to talk at Isea which I think I mentioned. That seemed to go well, the biscuits were nice (the crumb team had posh Jaffa cakes). Then I flew to Heathrow, met my family and drove to France. We went to Disneyland which is a post in itself, although strangely when ever I try and remember it I just keep hearing this tune (its a small world after all) after a marathon brainwashing session akin to any of the more psychedelic scenes in the prisoner.

One thing I can share from being in France is a few sketches I did from the back door when the kids were in bed. There was a wee bit of woodland behind the place we were staying and I figures it would be a good exercise to try and make something of it.

The larger image was the first I did. But to be honest, while it has areas I like it is a bit over worked and stale. So i kind of tried to loosen myself up with a few quick drawings




Personally, the last one that took 90 seconds is my favorite.

There you go anyway, no doubt they will end up being incorporated into something else. Maybe drawing is a good therapy for a recovering new media artist.

1 comment:

Rashmi said...

90 seconds? you did that in 90 seconds? wow. yes, i would agree. it would be my favorite too. it's really really good.