Thursday, October 09, 2008

Um suddenly im a blogger again

Just wondering what is going on. In the last few days I have had a number of e-mails from various people on various subjects. In each one the format of the mail is a numbered list.

1. Have you remembered to do the dishes
2. Can you contact so and so.

Some are off people I like and respect, so I cant help but wonder if there is some new numbering meme that is laying waste to the art of polite e-mails or and heaven forbid, people are treating me like a simpleton..

4 comments:

Pete Hindle said...

1. Yes
2. You didn't get the memo?
3. Shaddapayaface.

... said...

Have you been reading my mail?

SarahC said...

nothing to do with simpleton-ness and everything to do with the mindset of the correspondent (busy and forgetful). lists help ensure all points responded to. also perhaps to do with ensuring levels of communication from receiver back to sender? ;-)

... said...

hehe point taken Sarah, although actually you were something like the 5th person to send me a mail in that format on said day, left me looking at my screen and going 'blimey, whats going on today'