Monday, October 20, 2008

Notes from 7:40 am


Im In New York.

Flights were long but thankfully uneventful. I caught a shuttle bus from the airport to were I am staying which was possibly one of the mere dangerous parts of the journey as the driver was bombing through the traffic carving everybody up whilst texting on one phone and talking on another, granted the talking part was via hands free, thank God.

I got to my room in Harlem YMCA by about 3 am UK time. The room is bloody freezing and it looks a bit bleak. I'll ask for some more blankets and try and re assess the situation in daylight.


On thing that has lodged in my memory banks is driving over the bridge into Manhattan and looking at the city lights to my left, suddenly without prompting the music from taxi began playing out in my head.

No comments: