Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ERL25 or whatever

Had a bit of time off from writing and ERLing.


I did very little over the weekend. Just enjoyed playing with the kids, visited my Grandparents. My Grandad is in his 80's and still working!


I played around with an Icecast2 server. I was using it on an XBOX and using MuSe as the client. But when I came to use another computer to receive the stream it was very choppy. It is probably a codec issue with a bad build of MuSe to be honest. I was trying to stream at full quality ogg. I also installed wine for the first time ever. Wine can be used to run some windows apps. I needed it to try and install some historical Gameboy cart burner software so that I can burn some copies of LSDj on some new blank carts I have got my hands on.


Loads of freelance work coming in for when I leave the museum, which is a slight relief as I was getting nervous. Not long now, My last day is 22 June, meaning including today I have 8 days left. Also it turns out that being part time I was actually owed lots of bank holidays (well a proportion of them) dating back about 2 years. So I have about 60 hours holiday to take. Therein lies the problem if you do the maths ( I work a 7 1/2 hour day) (If you cant be bothered 60 hours = 8 days). Looks like I am going to have to make a deal with them, hmmmm.


Have a good morining everyone, it looks like a nice day up north

No comments: